My Community
August 21, 2014, 12:59:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ViStart 7 Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjust Transparency?  (Read 3386 times)
ar-pharazon

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:11:32 AM »

In W7, the taskbar stays the same level of transparent as it was set.  With ViGlance it's semi-transparent until I hover over it, then it goes opaque.

Any way to make it stay one level of transparent?

Build 1065
XPx64 SP2
Lee
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 02:57:44 AM »

You can disable transparency in viglance.
Just run ViGlance executable directly (C:\Program Files\ViGlance\ViGlance.exe) with "/?" command parameter to get list of additional commands you can use with ViGlance. One of them will talk about transparency options.

Lee
ar-pharazon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:16:58 AM »

That did work, thanks.  But I like the taskbar transparent, I just want it to stay transparent, like in W7.  Though right now, I'm not sure how to change the level of opacity, it does stay the same when I hover over it (in W7).

In fact, does one of the available programs also make the tops of windows and boxes transparent too?

I tried Seven Skin Pack 2.0 Ultimate  and  Seven Remix XP 2.0, but I couldn't get those to make the taskbar transparent.  It did most of the other W7 things except that.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:36:51 AM by ar-pharazon » Logged
xd_1771

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee------

d.ninja.1771@live.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:49:58 AM »

I think if you run ViGlance with disabled transparency, you can use another program such as Transbar to keep the transparency set to one level.  However, I heard this can create compatibility problems for ViOrb and possibly ViGlance as well.

-Formerly masterdelta

http://www.youtube.com/deltanalliance <<VISIT IT!!!
Fate

I'm gone.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »

TransBar does not cause compatibility problems with ViOrb unless some application is messing with it. I'm not too sure about any compatibility problems with ViGlance because I need to get TransBar on my school folder again.
I tried TransBar with ViOrb on several different operating systems... nothing wrong.

Playing touhou
I am bad forum user...
:Juan:

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »

It's also perfectly compatible with WindowBlinds Smiley (I'm running version 6.2, I don't know about the newer ones).
Aero Seven XP skin along with ViGlance is a killer! Cheesy

I love this app.
M!r0*

Guitar Hero III Rocks!

miro_is@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 04:21:56 AM »

It's also perfectly compatible with WindowBlinds Smiley (I'm running version 6.2, I don't know about the newer ones).
Aero Seven XP skin along with ViGlance is a killer! Cheesy

I love this app.

ViGlance works perfectly with WindowBlinds v6.3 as well! Grin

I pity the FOOL!

PSN ID=miro0070
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: