My Community
July 28, 2014, 05:33:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ViGlance 1194 Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome is now 2 years old! Google releases Chrome version 6  (Read 3294 times)
Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

Tech Support (English & 日本語) & Graphics Editor

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »

Today, we’re releasing a new stable version of Chrome that is even faster and more streamlined. Chrome is now three times faster than it was two years ago on JavaScript performance. We’ve also been working on simplifying the “chrome” of Chrome. As you can see, we took the already minimalist user interface and stripped it down a bit more to make it easier to use. We combined Chrome’s two menus into one, revisited the location of the buttons, cleaned up the treatment of the URL and the Omnibox, and adjusted the color scheme of the browser to be easier on the eyes.

Sliding back into Doc Brown’s DeLorean and setting the dial ahead by a few months, we have more in store for Chrome. As always, we’re hard at work on making Chrome even faster, and working on ways to improve graphics performance in the browser through hardware acceleration. With the Chrome Web Store, we hope to make it much easier to find and use great applications on the web. We also ratcheted up the pace of our releases so that we can get new features and improvements to everyone more quickly.

If you haven’t tried Chrome recently, we invite you to download our new stable version today at google.com/chrome. For those of you who have been using Chrome, thanks for a great second year! We hope that Chrome has made your life on the web even better, and look forward to the next year.

SOURCE:
LINK

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:54:56 AM »

Thank you for reporting it! I've just updated and Google Chrome 6 is awesome!

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 05:09:58 AM »

No Problem. Wanted to add something new to this board. I could use the Software Channel for the many news that I come across. I will only post things that the forum users will find interest in.

I know a lot of people use Chrome, so I opt to post it up.

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 06:05:41 AM »

I'm currently running Chrome 7! I have to say that this is one thing Google didn't screw up!

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 06:36:27 AM »

Any improvements to Chrome 6 ?

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 06:41:55 AM »

I'm currently running Chrome 7! I have to say that this is one thing Google didn't screw up!

You living in the future, or are you using the Beta or Dev build.

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 06:48:03 AM »

You living in the future, or are you using the Beta or Dev build.
I'm from the future, LOL JK I'm using a Dev Build.

Oh yeah I forgot to say gratz on making 1,000 posts.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 07:02:04 AM »

Oh yeah, well done! Just remember: You've said that you won't reach 888 posts...  Grin

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 07:17:39 AM »

Oh I did not even notice I had 1000 post already. Thanks, I have been here way too long lol.

Anyways, nice on getting the Dev Build. Is it currently stable?

Oh yeah, well done! Just remember: You've said that you won't reach 888 posts...  Grin

Well, Not sure if I did say that. I think I did, not sure when. Well now on to 2000 post.... I guess in another 2 years I will reach that lol.

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 08:03:14 AM »

Oh I did not even notice I had 1000 post already. Thanks, I have been here way too long lol.

Anyways, nice on getting the Dev Build. Is it currently stable?

Well, Not sure if I did say that. I think I did, not sure when. Well now on to 2000 post.... I guess in another 2 years I will reach that lol.

THe Dev build is public, yeah it's pretty stable.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 08:47:05 AM »

You said that when you've reached 777 posts...  Cheesy

Aaron. does it have any improvement to Chrome 6 ??

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »

You said that when you've reached 777 posts...  Cheesy

Aaron. does it have any improvement to Chrome 6 ??
Not now, but in the next build they add in Google Labs,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: