My Community
July 27, 2014, 11:15:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ViGlance 1194 Released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ViGlance doesn't start and I get redirected to Lee-Soft.com  (Read 6444 times)
Lee
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:18:51 AM »

As of ViGlance SE2 there is now a security mechanism that tries to prevent people redistributing ViGlance. Unfortunately there was a bug with the mechanism that led some people to keep getting redirected to the ViGlance product page. Today (As of writing this post) I corrected the flaw in the mechanism that validates the computer and updated the product on the homepage. All you need to do is uninstall ViGlance from Add/Remove programs and Delete the ViGlance OneStep program file (ViGlance OneStep.exe), Clear your browser cache (Refer to your browser's documentation for instructions on how to clear the cache) and then simply download and open the product again from the homepage. You will be directed to a "Thank you" web-page upon successful activation of the product (This is completely normal) and ViGlance will be running.

What to do if that still doesn't work ?  Huh
Well if your absolutely sure you have downloaded and ran the latest version of ViGlance from the product homepage and that still isn't working for you. Then you need to disable your AntiVirus and disable any application that may filter, scan or interfere with another application making changes to files on your computer (Anti-Malware, Anti-Virus, etc etc). Then clear your browser cache again and download and run (yes again) ViGlance from the product's homepage.

As a last resort you can run the manual activation utility (But it's generally not recommended). You do not need to copy it to your ViGlance folder - You just need to open it and click "Activate" (Your antivirus still needs to be disabled at this point).

What to do if that still doesn't work?  Cry
Disable all security related software
Uninstall ViGlance
Delete all web-cache / Try a new browser
Go to %appdata%\ViGlance (if it exists delete it)
Go to %programfiles%\ViGlance (if it exists delete it)
Restart your computer
Disable all security related software
Download and run (AGAIN) the software from the product's homepage
If it still fails - try the manual activator - If it still fails - Then report it. Do not report unless you have tried every single step here! Don't skip a step thinking "Yea that wont help" either, I wouldn't have wrote the step if I would have thought it wouldn't have helped.

Why do I need to do all this ?
Because I made a mistake on the initial release of ViGlance SE2 and possibly because your security software is behaving unexpectedly (Especially if you use Symantec's products).

Would this had happened if you didn't add the security mechanism ?
That would depend on your security software settings and how much it trusts ViGlance and it's related components. Though at a guess I would say that you probably wouldn't have had this problem.

So why did you do this?
To keep the software free is the best answer. People who redistribute my software often credit me or link to the website but some don't and because of those people who don't I have had to resort to this security mechanism. If I didn't then I would start charging for the software -

So now I can't replace my skins ?
No, You can still replace your skins as normal. The activator doesn't affect the program's resources (It only requires you use the default skin for activation). After activation you can replace the program's resources as you desire.

I don't trust your software, my Anti-Virus says its a security risk
At this point you have a few options available to you.
A) Use security software that doesn't automatically block everything without asking you (So that means you shouldn't use Symantec's products). If you continue to use Symantec's product's it will be difficult to provide my personal support to you. This is a personal opinion and not a direct instruction.
B) Add the software to your security software's exclusion list and trust that i wouldn't benefit from giving everyone a virus.
C) Don't use my software - it's free after all, So it's not like you've lost anything
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:27:39 AM by Lee » Logged
frbaxter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »

Are you sure the software was updated?  The executable date.size inside the zip archive is the exact same one from yesterday.  I used a completely different browser so I know it wasn't a cache issue.  Also, your link for the manual activation utility just links back to the same V2 download, not to a new utility.

If you did update the page and others can see it, the only other thing I can think of is that my company is using some sort of caching proxy.
Lee
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:59:34 AM »

Are you sure the software was updated?  The executable date.size inside the zip archive is the exact same one from yesterday.  I used a completely different browser so I know it wasn't a cache issue.  Also, your link for the manual activation utility just links back to the same V2 download, not to a new utility.

If you did update the page and others can see it, the only other thing I can think of is that my company is using some sort of caching proxy.

Hi frbaxter,
Please check the md5 hash of the download - it should now be: 7DE3D05E9BFC88C9F7C4F812E303F827
To get the md5 from your download use this: http://www.toast442.org/md5/md5.exe

I've updated my post so that it points to the activator now -
frbaxter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:33:35 AM »

Before I saw this post I noticed you fixed the link to the activator and I used that, no problems at all.

Thanks for the update, I really like the new version!
stsaerox

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 05:10:17 PM »

In my opinion this security add is useless. Anyone who needs help if he finds a bug or he would like some instruction to use it will be redirected here if he perform a search...

Maybe someone won't give credits but he would not create a forum to support...

You can make a help link to your site starting with info about this app.
Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »

Maybe someone won't give credits but he would not create a forum to support...

You can make a help link to your site starting with info about this app.
1. That's what this forum is for

2. It's already made, it's called the product made, and forum content.

kokkino

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 01:05:02 AM »

I uninstalled it a month ago, it was working back then, but now im trying to make it work again since yesterday. It hides the taskbar tabs and starts the taskbar trancparency only when u point the cursor on it. I installed and uninstalled it almost 10 times and did try all of your advices, but without any result. Here are some logs from viglance's error log folder in program files:
424,"EnumerateWindowsAsTaskObject(); Object required","TaskbarHelper",#2011-06-04 10:59:31#
424,"WindowProc(49194,1,66192); Object required","winTaskBar",#2011-06-04 10:59:31#
424,"WindowProc(49194,4,66192); Object required","winTaskBar",#2011-06-04 10:59:31#
424,"EnumerateWindowsAsTaskObject(); Object required","TaskbarHelper",#2011-06-04 10:59:31#
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: