My Community
July 24, 2014, 08:19:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lee-Soft.com was hijacked!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prolex Pad  (Read 7206 times)
Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

Tech Support (English & 日本語) & Graphics Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »

Nice work.

I was wondering though. Can I run the exe. in Prolex Pad 0.2.8 alone or do I have to have the other folders with it? Like is the Prolex Pad.exe a standalone?

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 08:27:11 PM »

Nice work.

I was wondering though. Can I run the exe. in Prolex Pad 0.2.8 alone or do I have to have the other folders with it? Like is the Prolex Pad.exe a standalone?
You must have the folders with it I believe, I think there are a few external .dll files that you must have as well.

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 10:59:14 PM »

Ah, is that so. I was using the older version of Prolex Pad. And I liked how it was a standalone.
I like standalones, since they don't do fetch for information as often on the HDD.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »

The current Prolex Pad build needs some DLL files because when I compile those files into the EXE, a few anti-virus programs like AVG would remove Prolex Pad autmatically or at least always warn the user about it.
You can use it as a portable as long as the files in the folder are still at the same location as the program itself.

btw. Why do you worry about fetching data from the HDD?

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »

My 320gb is dying... I need it to be read and written to less. I even put an SD card so that i can use it for readyboost, so that the small files are read off the SD card instead of the HDD. Waiting for my 500gb to come in the mail. Then maybe later get a 750gb drive.

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »

Prolex Pad 0.2.10 has been released, just click Fibonacci's sig.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 07:13:58 AM »

@ Rainoffire:
I really suggest you to clean up some HDDs... I remember when you told us about how many harddrives are filled up with pictures and videos and so...

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »

I did. Most of the stuff now on my laptop are stuff for work, school, etc. And other resource files.

Even if I free up the HDD, the HDD itself if dying and freeing up space will not resolve it.

I should invest on an SSD, to avoid such a dilemma.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »

Like I said, I can't really compile the DLL into the program... Even if it sounds hard, but you have to live with that. Sorry dude.  Undecided

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 05:18:56 AM »

Oh no, I understand. I just put the Prolex Pad into a USB drive. The one on my computer is the version that is a standalone program.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 02:11:55 PM »

A bit delayed, but huh...

Hey,
Today it is a very special day for me. Today it is 1st June, 2011, so one year has passed now when I announced a new project, code-named PowerPad.
Soon, the first Alpha builds got released and a long Beta stage followed. Lots of great functions and useful features have been developed. The last and quite short stage, the RC stage, brought some more fixes and a tweak here and there.
Now, one year after that announcement I am going to announce something again, something like the Final Release of Prolex Pad.
I am pretty proud of this release and I am also proud of the fact that I did not stop development up to now. And trust me, I will not stop now!
The build is not available now; I will release it to the public on 3rd June, 2011. For those who do not remember 3rd June, 2010, I will tell you what I did then: I released Prolex Pad 0.1 (very first Alpha build), so the final one will be published on its first anniversary.

Best Regards,
Fibonacci

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 01:27:50 AM »

Prolex Pad 1.0 out now!

newthunder450

skbmoon.work3@yahoo.com newthunder450 newthunder450
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 04:06:12 AM »

The new update is awesome. Thanks for the info.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 02:06:21 PM »

Thank you. Don't forget to report any bugs.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: