My Community
September 18, 2014, 10:47:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lee-Soft.com was hijacked!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: ViGlance Summer Edition 2 Released!  (Read 88268 times)
Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

Tech Support (English & 日本語) & Graphics Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 08:48:59 AM »

and the new Shift+Click for new instance works quite well is a useful feature.

Why shift+click for new instance? there is middle click for this function in win7. Some another function for middle click in Viglance? Maybe close on middle click (no need for close button on thumbs then).

Currently, the Middle/Scroll Click has not been implemented. Other bugs have came up, and I believe it is best to focus on those, than implement more new features.

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »

Refresh my memory, did Lee add the option to launch a new instance of a program from the J-Lists as well?

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »

Refresh my memory, did Lee add the option to launch a new instance of a program from the J-Lists as well?

On notepad, clicking on one of the items in the J-List's Recent list will start a new instance. Same with MPC. Although, clicking a .HTM on Firefox's Jumplist opens a new tab. I just tested it to make sure.

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »

I meant it has the option to start a blank new instance, in 7 the item after close and pin/unpin it shows the application name, click it and you can make a new instance.

Rainoffire
Official BETA Tester

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »

I meant it has the option to start a blank new instance, in 7 the item after close and pin/unpin it shows the application name, click it and you can make a new instance.

Nope nothing like that in the one I am testing.

TheGrumbler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 01:04:56 AM »

I stopped using this because of the random thumbnails that would pop up and stay up, until I moved my mouse over them. I think it has something to do with interfacing with Windows Blinds.

I'm experiencing the same "random thumbnails problem" with the current version (1210) of ViGlance w/o using Windows Blinds (XP+SP3). That's the reason why I also stopped using ViGlance.

Looking forward to the new release.

TheGrumbler
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:23:29 AM by TheGrumbler » Logged
wesp5

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 06:52:40 AM »

I noticed that there is a Show Desktop button to the right of the taskbar in the demo video. Is this included in the next ViGlance version or did Lee use some other utility to add it? Also does right clicking the Start Orb work now and how is the support of Remove Desktop connections?
Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 07:03:35 AM »

I noticed that there is a Show Desktop button to the right of the taskbar in the demo video. Is this included in the next ViGlance version or did Lee use some other utility to add it? Also does right clicking the Start Orb work now and how is the support of Remove Desktop connections?

I think Lee won't program one since there are many program which already can do it on dA. And that one which can be seen there is from Win7.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:05:18 AM by Fibonacci » Logged

wesp5

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 07:05:42 AM »

That sounds much better than shift-clicking something! I never understood why this was used so much in XP, e.g. for hibernate instead of a separate button (which you can add via a registry fix Smiley. BTW, does this button appear in default 7 and are other similar cases gone like e.g. alt-shift to change the login language?
wesp5

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 07:07:57 AM »

I think Lee won't program one since there are many program which already can do it on dA.

I still believe this button belongs to the Superbar as much as the Startorb! Why install yet another program? Also the ones I tried always placed this Showdesktop button partially over the clock. Including it into ViGlance would make it possible to place it correctly all the time without need to tweak skins and stuff...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:10:42 AM by wesp5 » Logged
Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 07:10:41 AM »

I think Lee won't program one since there are many program which already can do it on dA.

I still believe this button belong to the Superbar as much as the Startorb? Why install yet another program? Also the ones I tried always placed the Showdesktop button over the clock or system tray. Including it into ViGlance would make it possible to place it correctly all the time without need to tweak skins and stuff...
It's one small program, deal with it. Look for the one by CeIIular in dA it is the best one so far. It even includes Aero Peek.

Fibonacci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 07:11:04 AM »

Did you try this one? You can change its size and for me it always worked fine...

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=show+desktop#/d2774le

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 07:11:46 AM »

Did you try this one? You can change its size and for me it always worked fine...

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=show+desktop#/d2774le
That's the one I was talking about.

Aaron7pm

Universal Poster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 07:12:10 AM »

That sounds much better than shift-clicking something! I never understood why this was used so much in XP, e.g. for hibernate instead of a separate button (which you can add via a registry fix Smiley. BTW, does this button appear in default 7 and are other similar cases gone like e.g. alt-shift to change the login language?
In 7 you have the option to say what the shutdown button does.

wesp5

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 07:16:22 AM »

Look for the one by CeIIular in dA it is the best one so far. It even includes Aero Peek.

I already tried that but it looks very ugly when using it on XP in classic look. It's runs out of the screen to the right and the bottom, in some modes covers the clock and dissappears after use. Is there a config file for it to place it?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:21:44 AM by wesp5 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: